Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh my, 2 boys, 2 sides... whoops make it 3

Ok, it seems the only way to look at whats ensuing is to put this down on paper. what began as just idle amusement is now beginning to make me wonder if I should stop and think, of course, i probably should have done that before I picked the roses.

ive always been mildly intrigued with moody and very broody north sound bradley, he's always held a curiosity for me with his closed off manner, all burly with hidden eyes. i have known of him forever and vice versa, on an island of 4000 people how not to? We've never spoken much and when we have it's been a few sentences usually involving a boat, so what changed? my new found liberation? a desire to walk on the taboo side of dating on this island or just my need for entertainment.

regardless, this works for me well at work, when i set my mind to something, something will happen, and hence with bradley i turned on my powers of evil ever so slightly, let the phermones out and within a couple of days, magnetism was on and a day prior to his leaving for miami, we kiss at the bar briefly and the stage is set in motion for his return.

one would say i was all set, game locked, i put out my lure, i got a catch and now i just had to finish reeling it in, when walking down the dock a day later, i pass by valley boy, always with that look in his blue eyes, ive always thought him a player on this island, the girls around him, and in my mind, the resident island bad boy, devil may care as it gets . we give each other a look, a hello and i keep on my way. how fate works i dont know but as it goes, allan who works for valley boy, misplaces his fone and i meet him out later in the day and he asks me to call valley boy to leave a msg for him, sure, i do, voice mail.

later that evening i get a text from devil may care himself, would i be interested in a drink. well what do i think of this? really vida, what do you think of this? im perplexed as to where this has come from, we've never so much as exchanged past a few monosyllables over the last 11 years let alone a drink. why the hell not, im in a bit of a devil may care myself. back and forth a couple of days we text, im busy, he's busy we meet for a drink with friends at sunset, im almost a bit apprehensive, he has his son in tow.

well i could just slap myself with the backside of my foot, i actually like this guy, like WTF. i was cautious, more so than with bradley as valley boy's reputation as a player has reached my ears several times, though i caveat this is norm for most of the island. we go from drinks at the dock to later drinks at the bar, platonic, nice, even lovely. next day we come together on my island home for the boys to play, we have dinner as one big rowdy bunch and again, he's tempered, polite, and i could be fit to be gagged.

we are on day 3 now, back over for dinner again and the emotions flood about his marriage, the dissolution, the ansgt, and as he speaks, i realize he needs a friend, he's still hurting and this is not the place for me to go, friends it is. i can see that i look like a calm haven in a storm, though we all know I am the furthest thing from this, but to the un-tutored eye, i look downright together. nothing has happened between us, not even a brush of physicality, we could be eunuchs and im glad, last thing i want is him to come in contact with me, re-bound pyscho girl, id hurt him even more.

however, i am in a bit of a pickle, i have no idea what valley boy's intentions are, i do know where i stand with bradley, and lets not forget tampa boy, all 3, i might add, send me a note on valentine's day which led me to think, oh shit. this is a small island, though bradley and VB are on separate sides, it's small, and somewhere, without sounding pompous, to avoid, strife and war, i need to clue one into the other, minding raging male island egos and the fact that andy returns from miami today. it doesnt matter that nothing but a kiss has transpired with bradley and a hug with VB, expectations and territory are cavemanesque in these parts. with the way i roll, tampa boy will come for a visit too.

so what to do? let nature run its course... who do i play with? Bradley? then what? what of VB who i now harbour a soft spot for? and tampa boy, who is too far away and a florida diversion anyways till he steps foot on this side. but i sense he thinks he may be my one and only as well, bahahahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment